Banana Bread Muffins (GF & Vegan)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain greek coconut yogurt (Daiya), almond yogurt, or unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp. ground chia & 3 Tbsp. warm water)
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup GF whole grain oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs!)
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mash bananas and stir in remaining wet ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
STEP 2: Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and pour batter into each muffin tray ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
STEP 3: Optional ~ add crushed walnuts into the batter or use them to top each muffin before baking!